Small Archival Projects Conference
Friday, April 7, 2017
Hosted at Loras College, Dubuque, IA
Sponsored by DALINC (Dubuque Area Library Information Consortium)
Call for Proposals
If you're looking for an opportunity to share what you've digitized in your collection or how you've accomplished it, please share your knowledge with others! The Small Archival Projects Conference Committee is seeking proposals for 50 minute presentations (40-45 minutes for the presentation with 5-10 minutes for questions). The presentations can be about any aspect of small archival projects including:
* Project management – budget, workflow, equipment selection, etc.
* Project selection – how do you decide what to digitize?
* Freeware, software choices, hosting options, etc.
* Publicizing collections once they have been digitized
* People who have worked on a project and would be willing to tell us what went well, what they’d do differently, etc.
* Small, practical, limited projects
Attendees at their first conference asked for presentations about:
* "Building blocks" session – the basic vocabulary and starter tips for small houses with limited budgets and staffing
* Building Family History for Public Sites (Stories about family impact on communities)
* Telling a Community Story through Archival Materials and Objects
* Grant Writing
* Copyright Issues
* Digital preservation strategies-- how to host and maintain over the long term AFTER the giant project and initial public relations push are over
* Strategies to break down a large project – how to choose what to start with, etc.
If you have expertise with any of these topics, please consider sharing your knowledge at the conference.
Information about the conference including specific information for presenters is available at: www.dalinc.org/smallarchival/present.html.
Fill out the proposal form at: https://www.research.net/s/smallarchival and submit it by Friday, February 3, 2017 for consideration. The proposals will be blind-peer reviewed and you will be notified of your status by February 10, 2017.
For additional information, check out the conference web site at www.dalinc.org/smallarchival/