Thursday, November 15, 2012
1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Claretian/St. Jude Building
The Elephant in the Room:
What Do You Do With Film in Your Archives?
A Panel Discussion
Find out about -· the importance of film in archives
· identification and inspection of film,
· what is bad film?
· managing film: appraisal, accession,
· film transfer to digital formats
· where to go for help
· Larry Urbanski Urbanski Film/Moviecraft Inc.
Myers Archives, Society of Divine Word
The missing session! The possession of film reels and different film formats has always been problematic for archivists. Many have old projectors and 35 mm, 16 mm, home 8 mm movies are found throughout our collections. What does one do?
A discussion by experts with Q and A following.
Cost and Reservations -
· A mere $10. to cover our expenses.
· Please reserve a space by Monday, November 12th
Contact Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-637-2130
All are invited to attend!
Following the workshop will be a business meeting for CARA members.