A Question and an Offer

The collective wisdom of CARA is being consulted in the question below, which concerns deaccessioning an archive's collections:

Although we are years from implementing anything, we are attempting to gather information on how religious communities are deaccessioning the bulk of their collections. 

Currently, I am working with a community of women religious in California that may need to close the doors of its archive in the coming years, and I'm not sure of what steps to take next. I was wondering if you may have any recommendations of individuals or congregations that I might be able to contact for advice on how to plan for the future.

Any advice or recommendation would be really appreciated.

All my thanks,
Patricia McCloy
pmccloy@email.jfku.edu

____

If you know of a good home for a set of vintage Catholic encyclopedias, please see the offer below:

I have a full set (16 volumes) of the 1912 edition of The Catholic Encyclopedia to donate. I would like to move them along. I live in Rogers Park and would be happy to deliver them to a good home! They are in perfect condition. Please let me know if you could use them or if you could suggest another place for them. Thank you.

Peggy Cunniff
cunniffrocks@gmail.com